Founded in 2003 Seopa is an industry leader in application development and management of insurance, finance and utility price comparison systems.
Used by more than 3 million people annually, our systems enable insurance providers to secure business in their target markets and empower consumers to easily identify providers who meet their financial product requirements at market leading prices through price comparison websites. Our Affinity Partnerships also facilitate other companies to increase the services offered (and revenue generated) via their websites.
With over 400 financial partners in insurance, finance and utility industries and numerous affinity partners who use our powerful technologies, we are a trusted, respected and successful company with branches in the UK (HQ) and Romania.
We are creating new opportunities for graduates to join our Engineering Team in Timisoara with opportunities for hybrid working for great work life balance.
This is an exciting opportunity to begin your career as we continue to evolve Seopa’s product range and systems. We have multiple opportunities for Graduate Software Engineers and new developers will be offered roles in either front-end or back-end technology areas, depending on their skill set and experience.
The role involves activities such as developing web applications to support future business growth and improved system performance and (re)architecting key areas within our software. This hands-on role enables the successful candidate to be actively involved in all current and future development projects. As a graduate developer, you will play a key role in ensuring company software is updated quickly and accurately in line with the company strategy and the changing demands of our partners.
You will be placed in a team with an experienced developer who will assist you in your work to ensure you realise your potential. You will have the opportunity to progress as a developer or move into other areas such as architecture and team leadership.
• Develop Seopa’s leading edge web comparison systems.
• Ensure software meets business requirements and follows Seopa standards and processes.
• Provide content for functional and technical documentation.
• Review and constructively comment on the software, testing and documentation of peers.
• Apply technical expertise to investigate and resolve customer software issues.
• Work closely and effectively with engineers to deliver quality software on time.
• Strive to demonstrate the company values and core behaviours daily: Smart, Efficient, Open, Passionate, Accountable.
• Learn new technologies through online training courses, training workshops and pair programming with our experienced develops.
• Collaborate with the wider business locally and globally.
• A degree within the field of Computer Science, Informatics or similar.
• Completed modules in some of the following languages and technologies: PHP (C# or Java are acceptable), MySQL (SQL Server, PostgreSQL or Oracle are acceptable), Vue.js (or React or Angular).
• Strong problem solving, analytical skills and programming ability.
• Clear written and verbal communication skills.
• Good communication skills in English.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload and adhere to deadlines.
• Enthusiasm to learn and develop programming skills.
• Experience with web application frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony or Zend Framework
• Experience with source control systems such as Git
• Experience with project management software such as Jira
• Experience using PHP, MySQL and/or Vue.js
Must be eligible to permanently live and work in Romania without the need for visa sponsorship.
How to Apply:
Reporting to: Engineering Team Lead, Timisoara
Package: Competitive salary and associated benefits such as:
• Free Private Medical Insurance
• Free fruit and drinks when in the office
• Team building events, company dinners
• 13th salary
• Sports plan
Strada Mareşal Constantin Prezan, 140 D-E B, Timisoara, Timis, Romania. Newly graduated engineers will benefit from working with engineering colleagues in the office and have the option to work flexibly from home also.